I have something to tell you today....
Something that I have never shared with you....
Something that I think you should know.... 
Something that without a doubt will change your life, your fruits life and more specifically your banana's life.

How many have bananas that after a few short days after you buy them look similar to this?
Nothing more unsightly on the fruit plate then spotted brown, ripen bananas, especially when they are sitting near the stunning red and green apples!
How many wish that after a few days of buying your bananas , they looked more like this?

Ready for the secret? Leaving your bananas connected at the stem will ripen them faster. So as soon as you bring those bananas home from the store take them apart so they will live a bit longer on the fruit plate. FYI- I am not a professional fruit tester, nor do I want to be I just happen to see this in my local paper and decided to try it.
So, if you think that I am not totally bananas at this point, and you like bananas just as much as I do, then you will love a couple of recipes that I recently came across.

Have a great Wednesday! I am off to the store to buy me some 
ice cream to make that shake!
PS- For the record- when i tried this, it saved my bananas for at least 2 extras days ( which is a lifetime for a banana), although I did not test my own  theory, I also think it has to do with room temps- I'm just sayin!

Sharing with:
tatertots and jello
It's Overflowing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top