I told you about my obsession with burlap last month, guess what it still continues. Not only with me, but I  am seeing burlap grace the cover of Ballard Designs, Pottery Barn and  BHG magazines, just to name a few. It is everywhere, but for very good reason. It is inexpensive to buy. I generally buy a bolt at a time ( approx 20 yards) and spend about $50.00. It is super easy to use. It is adaptable to many different looks and styles. Burlap has generally been seen as having a rustic, country vibe. Well, not anymore!! My latest project is proof of that. Check out this burlap stocking that I did for my little girls room. 
 Supplies needed:
Burlap for the stocking
Vinyl letter
Choice of ribbon/flower for embellishment
Mod podge
Glitter
First you will want to trace or free hand a stocking template on your piece of burlap. Since I am not good at drawing, I used stockings that were hanging on my mantel to trace. Cut out your stocking template. With the right sides facing in, sew the edges of your stocking template together. I used a simple straight stitch with a  5/8 hem all around the edge. 

 
When you have finished sewing turn the stocking inside out, so the "right" sides are on the outside. At this point go ahead and press out your stocking with your iron, getting all the wrinkles out.

Next, cut out your initial with a piece of vinyl. I used Lucida font and cut with my silhouette machine. Place the initial on the stocking . Apply some mod podge on top of the vinyl letter. While the mod podge is still wet, sprinkle your glitter on top of the initial. Let dry before applying the ribbon and other embellishments.
So easy for So Glam!





   
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top