Although my love for chocolate is out of this world, these scrumptious treats that I made last weekend are  pretty darn "sweet"! I wasn't entirely sure how they were going to turn out, but I am pleased to say that I have impressed myself with my hidden culinary skills. If you find yourself eating ~200 of these, then I would say you would agree as well!

This is basically an improvised cake pop because  instead of the traditional "cake" batter that you would use, I  used plain donut holes.
If you are not familiar with making cake pops here's some easy instructions for you to try.
Supplies needed
Candy Melts- I used Wilton Brand Red Candy
Lolipop sticks
Sprinkles
Donut Holes
(Sorry of the image quality)
Melt your candy in a heater on high temp. I use the Wilton Candy Melt. There are other brands out there but this is the only one that I am familiar with. When your candy is thoroughly melted you can place your temp on warm. Take your stick and dip the tip into the candy melt, insert about 1/2 way into your donut hole. Place on a plate upright.
You will want to chill your pops for about 1 hour. This will allow time for the candy to harden to the donut hole, thus securing it to the stick. You can shut your candy melt off until you are ready for the next step. 
Turn your candy melt back on to high or warm depending on the consistency of your candy. Now your ready to decorate your pops. Dip your pop into the candy melt, cover entire pop and tap off excess. After a few seconds apply your embellishments.This is where you can be totally creative and use sugars, sprinkles, nuts and candies. For this project I bought a bottle that had a variety of colors perfect for my valentine treats.
Place your pops on wax paper until they are dried and the candy mixture hardens.I have also used styrofoam and stuck the pops in to dry, but wax paper worked just as well for these.



Of course you will need a cute "free" printable to package your yummy red pops , so Jenny from Jenny Steffens Hobick shares this simple but darling printable for you to use.
Now if I can only stop eating my red pops long enough to get them all packaged for my children's class , I'll be in good shape or I will need to get in shape!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top