My girlfriend tapped into my love of restoring and painting furniture, and asked if I would help makeover a bedroom suite of furniture that she had. Gladly, I obliged. 
She had a love for my Drab to Fab table and wanted to do everything in the ASCP Old White .
 She was a beauty in her time, but it was time for some serious updating.
First thing was to wipe down all the furniture as it had been stored for quite a while. I removed all of the original hardware.  I started with the drawers first and applied two coats of paint. Then, I used medium grit sandblock and distressed the edges.
For the dresser, I applied two coats of paint. I distressed all of the edges with my sand block and applied wax to the top and sides of the dresser.
 

Since my hand surgery a few weeks ago, I have learned how to do a lot, including painting, sanding and waxing with my left hand.  In this photo, I still had the stitches in my right hand. Not bad for a lefty.


Now it was time to put the hardware back on, problem was some of the hardware was missing ( I think my dog ate it- seriously!) This was the original hardware that I painted a satin nickel finish before I realized some of the pulls were missing.

So off to Lowes to find replacements. Convincing my friend that the pulls were a little outdated anyways, I chose some satin nickel knobs and pulls that I thought would work well with the style of her bedroom.
 
 
 
  No more 1970's look for her. I'd say she's quite the trend setter.
And remember the night stand before I started the project

Well, he ain't looking so bad either!
If you are visiting for the first time, I would love for you to come back or follow me either through Google or Linky followers. That way you can keep up with other inspiring projects that I am working on.


Sharing this beauty with:
Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesdays Treasures 
Our Delightful Home Show Me What You Got
Cozy Home Scenes Your Cozy Home Party
Cedar Hill Ranch Cowgirl Up Party
The Delectable Home Show and Tell Linkup Party 
Domestically Speaking Power of Paint Party 
Time For a Party  At Fine Craft Guild
Shabby Creek Cottage Thursday Transformation
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday 
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed 
The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday 
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Party 
Primitive & Proper Piece of Work Wednesday 
March Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick
Funky Junk Interiors Sat Night Special


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top