Yesterday I showed you here, my Pass It On Gift for Trish and Bonnie at Uncommon Designs
Today I want to share with you how I made this American, made in the USA (specifically in my craft room) beauty
Supplies Needed:
  • 20 X 16 Honey Color Drop cloth canvas
  • Painters Tape to tape your stripes
  • Ruler or a good eye for your lines
  • small star stencil
  • pencil to draw the stars if you don't want to use a stencil
  • Plaid Acrylic Paints - Cardinal Crimson and Too Blue
  • paint brushes to apply your paints
 
Cut your drop cloth flag to size. For this flag my canvas measured 20x18 . Using a ruler or a good eye apply your painters tape for your strips and star box
Trace your stars with a pencil onto your canvas. I made 9 stars to fit. Did you know there were 9 colonies at one point? Apply your Cardinal Crimson paint to your stripes
 Apply your Too Blue paint to outline your stars
When it is completely dry, put your flag in the washer to soften up your material, with a bit of bleach. Using bleach gives it that old worn look
Press with an iron on the back side of the material and cut off any long strings on the edges. Leave your edges unfinished
 Apply to the front face of your pillow cover. Click here for my simple pillow cover tutorial.
Display your pillow proudly!







PS- When you are at Uncommon Designs check out their 4th of July burlap banner here or their patriotic pillows here . I think this pillow will be a great addition to their American Spirit collection!
Sharing my "spirit" with:
At The Picket Fence 
French Country Cottage
Common Ground  
Freckled Laundry
The Shabby Nest
Jennifer Rizzo 
Serenity Now
Funky Junk Interiors 
It's Overflowing 
Under The Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top