Remember when my Rock Star Burlap Wreath went on a Springtime Tour?
You know, the Rock Star Wreath that may have more twitter followers then
 Lady Gaga
Maybe more facebook friends then Mark Zuckerberg
and I am thinking more stage props and dancers then Celine Dion in her Las Vegas shows?
Well, my rock star is going on a summer tour with a little help with the folks at Plaid and some mod podge products.
 
To get me started with an appropriate costume change, I received these amazing new Mod Podge products from Plaid.
 With all this amazing stuff, creating the new look was easy.
In the spirit of summer I decided to add some stars in traditional summer fabrics - red bandanna and cream color burlap, and mossy butterflies. 
For my stars, I created a star to use as a template and traced it on to the fabrics.
I used my Mod Podge scissors to cut and this little tool to spread out any creases on my fabric once I applied to the top of the Mod Podge solution.
I applied the mod podge solution to the stars, put the fabric on top and applied a second coat of Mod Podge. Applying the solution was so easy because I used the applicator that you screw on to the top of your mod modge bottle. The applicator was also very easy to clean up after use.
 When the the stars were dry, I used the 3D  Adhesive Mounts to stack and secure the stars into position on the wreath
Once the stars were completed, I wanted them to have their own "dancer" and created a mossy butterfly.
I applied the Mod Podge clear acyrlic sealer over the butterfly to help restore the look.
The stars also got a coat of sealer.
Awesome show , ugh?
And for an encore....
Eat your heart out J Lo, but I think my dancers are hotter!

To get a ticket for this show, click here for the wreath tutorial, here for the butterfly tutorial and head to Michaels for the latest Mod Podge products that I used. 
And for more amazing ideas using Mod Podge visit
Plaid on Pinterest, on Facebook and Twitter

 I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Plaid Crafts and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are  just my own.

Sharing over at:
52 Mantels 

Tip Junkie handmade projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top